PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hey from central North Carolina. I went to my last two years of college at University of Missouri for journalism, did an internship in Neosho, and have since been to St. Louis, up to the northeast corner of the state to Memphis, Mo., and various other places in Missouri. My wife grew up in Granger, Mo. near the Iowa line.
Welcome aboard.

Reactions: buroak

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Started smoking a pipe about 10 years ago and soon became interested in refurbishing estate pipes. My favorite pipes to smoke are a Custom-Bilt, an old Perfecto, and a Stefano Santambrogio my son gifted me. I also sell some of the pipes I refurbish. It is my hope that through this forum I'll come to enjoy pipes and smoking even more! I also hope to continue to grow my knowledge of basic pipe repair and learn more about the variety of old pipes I come across. I look forward to interacting with you folks!
like the pipe in your pic. Which brand is that one?

Kirklands

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2023
Kansas City, Missouri
like the pipe in your pic. Which brand is that one?
The pipe in the pic is the old Perfecto. I know nothing about the brand, and that is all the pipe has stamped on it. It has an amber stem that I was able to repair a bit and I had to clean up the gilt and brighten the stummel with some mineral oil. It smokes very nicely bringing out the full flavor of the tobacco.

• Wow
Reactions: anotherbob

David D. Davidson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2023
Canada
Welcome from Canada! I’ve always been fascinated by pipe repair and restoration, although have yet to take the plunge. Some of the results I’ve seen are nothing less than stunning, really good stuff

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
Hello from Southwestern Wisconsin’s Coulee Region. I pass through KC a few times a year and look forward to the BBQ. Arthur Bryant’s is the easiest to get to and my hands down favorite. I will really miss the GKCPC Pipes Show. The fellowship and food made this a great time over the years.