PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Uguccione

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2024
Italy
Greetings to everyone, I'm writing from Florence (Italy) and I'm almost sixty years old. I started smoking a pipe as a minor (back then it was possible) thanks to a friend who was older than me. From that day a great love was born, interrupted only by long, very long years of cigars (another great love: Il Sigaro Toscano - the Tuscan Cigar).
In 2015 I got back into the pipe, changing all the old pipes that I no longer liked in the meantime.
I don't have many pipes, I think about twenty in total, including Castello (my favourites), Dunhill, Radice, Savinelli, Upshall, Charatan and other minor ones...
Unfortunately I don't speak English and I rely completely on the translator; for this reason I think I will intervene little (even the different time zone doesn't help) and I will limit my interventions to the bare minimum.
Ah, the tobaccos: unfortunately the great American tobaccos don't arrive here in Italy, however I am a lover of pure Virginias, and even a simple Capstan (Original Navy Cut) gives me a lot of satisfaction.

Last edited:

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Welcome from the Center Of The Known Universe!

Ashland, Oregon

Whatever translator you are using is very good. Your English is better than a lot of native speakers on this forum.

I have a simple question for you. Vivoli or Perché No!.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Greetings to everyone, I'm writing from Florence (Italy) and I'm almost sixty years old. I started smoking a pipe as a minor (back then it was possible) thanks to a friend who was older than me. From that day a great love was born, interrupted only by long, very long years of cigars (another great love: Il Sigaro Toscano - the Tuscan Cigar).
In 2015 I got back into the pipe, changing all the old pipes that I no longer liked in the meantime.
I don't have many pipes, I think about twenty in total, including Castello (my favourites), Dunhill, Radice, Savinelli, Upshall, Charatan and other minor ones...
Unfortunately I don't speak English and I rely completely on the translator; for this reason I think I will intervene little (even the different time zone doesn't help) and I will limit my interventions to the bare minimum.
Ah, the tobaccos: unfortunately the great American tobaccos don't arrive here in Italy, however I am a lover of pure Virginias, and even a simple Capstan (Original Navy Cut) gives me a lot of satisfaction
You should participate as much as you feel like. Trust me no one really knows English anyways.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from Carmel, CA

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

Reactions: Uguccione