PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmotz40

Lurker
Jan 8, 2022
Delaware
Good mornin to all! I've recently gotten into pipes as an alternative to cigarettes. I've been an avid cigar smoker for years. I enjoy premium cigars as well as roll my own. I'm looking forward to starting my journey on the pipe tobacco path and would eventually like to start making my own blends the same way I do cigars.
This morning I am enjoying a nice bowl of SPC's "Narrows Bridge" that I found at my local cigar B&M. I give it 2 thumbs up! Very enjoyable and I find myself craving this blend. I'm also becoming a fan of latakias and Kentucky fired cured blends so much that I may roll a batch of cigars with Kentucky fired cured leaves added to my current blend.
I have seen another thread about SPC "plum pudding" that now I'm dying to try. I would also like to delve into different blends from C&D, any suggestions on where I should start would be fantastic as they have a huge selection of blends to choose from.
I hope everyone has a good day and thank you in advance for any and all advice

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
Hello and welcome from West Virginia. If you find that you like SPC Plum Pudding, then you should try SPC Mississippi River. The tobacco choices are endless, so be prepared to have more tobacco at your house than you will ever smoke in a lifetime.

Reactions: Schmotz40

Schmotz40

Lurker
Jan 8, 2022
Delaware
Hello and welcome from West Virginia. If you find that you like SPC Plum Pudding, then you should try SPC Mississippi River. The tobacco choices are endless, so be prepared to have more tobacco at your house than you will ever smoke in a lifetime.
Thank you OldFart, my fiance has family around the Hagerstown area. I came across a local pipe and tobacco shop near me thru Google that I plan on visiting next weekend, I will definitely pick up both the plum pudding and Mississippi River if they have them or I may have to get them online. Thank you for the suggestion, I think I may end up being an SPC fan before I know it as I've already fell in love with Narrows Bridge and my current tin is almost empty ?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome from Florida. Here are 3 blends which you may enjoy.

Capstan Blue Flake- straight Virginia
Mac Baren Old Dark Fired- Virginia/Kentucky
Peterson Navy Rolls Virginia/Perique

These three are readily available and they represent 3 different genres. If you are looking for a Latakia blend, I would give Two Friends Deacons Downfall a try.
The first three are flakes so you will need to learn how to smoke them. It will be worth your time.

Reactions: Schmotz40
Status
Not open for further replies.