PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Robin Hood

Lurker
Apr 28, 2023
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Hello everyone,
Finding the pipe much more agreeable upon my second attempt to take up the hobby; I’m more patient now and took the time to experiment with different tobaccos… and have discovered my dream smoke!
Royal Yacht is just perfect for me, it’s like smoking a Marlboro red from the 50s after a nice steak dinner.. triumphant and delicious, with beautifully textured smoke. Just perfect, really. And so relaxing!
Tried plenty of aromatic blends prior to this, and while some were better than others they were all just lacking that special something (possibly nicotine, possibly not); maybe they were just trying too hard to be something sophisticated?
There is no pretence with Royal Yacht, it is simple but authentic; fantastic quality tobacco smoke. No need for it to impersonate a stick of incense to facilitate a mesmerising experience!

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I rarely have time to review the "greetings" section, but saw the thread in the "recents". Welcome!

We enjoyed a short visit to your city a few years ago - fascinating!

I've never tried Royal Yacht - now that I know it's akin to a Marlboro Red I never will!!! Haha - thanks!

Nice dog, btw!

Robin Hood

Lurker
Apr 28, 2023
I rarely have time to review the "greetings" section, but saw the thread in the "recents". Welcome!

We enjoyed a short visit to your city a few years ago - fascinating!

I've never tried Royal Yacht - now that I know it's akin to a Marlboro Red I never will!!! Haha - thanks!

Nice dog, btw!
Haha I should have said it‘s like Marlboro Red without the formaldehyde; how those cigarettes would taste in your imagination if you’d never smoked before and saw the cowboy advertisements as a child
And thanks! It was the dog’s second birthday yesterday so he got a Burger King

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
Welcome from Arizona! Glad to see someone from NI as I have family connections in Fermanagh. My mother was a war bride. Have you checked out Miss Moran’s shop?

Reactions: shermnatman

Robin Hood

Lurker
Apr 28, 2023
Hi and welcome from Middle England, there are many Tobaccos that may suit you, that's what is great about Pipe smoking, trying different Tobaccos, a few UK online vendors offer sample packs, keep enjoying your pipe. puffy
Thanks! Have you got any recommendations for tobacco similar (or different) to royal yacht? I’m a former cigarette smoker so appreciate higher nicotine contents