PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeymo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 1, 2020
AZ
Hi Everyone. I'm somewhat new here so I figured I would introduce myself. I started smoking a pipe a few years ago after I inherited an original Sherlock Holmes collection from my Grandfather after he passed away. I didn't want to smoke those while learning so I went out and bought a Savinelli, a Nording, and a cob to learn on. I immediately found I enjoyed the hobby and since then I've purchased the rest of his collection (~1,000) pipes.

20210820_150051.jpg

I've been slowly smoking through multiple blends to try and find what I like best (I'm finding bold Englishes, mellow VaPers, and alcohol aromatics are my favorite thus far). I'd be happy to hear any recommendations on your favorite, findable tobaccos (please don't recommend something that is impossible to find like Stonehaven haha). I unfortunately missed the boat on the McClelland tobaccos so I always keep an eye out for those when I'm purchasing a new tin just so I can get a taste of what everyone seems to hold in such high regard.

Anyway, thanks for having me. Looking forward to many more chats.

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
Love that Sherlock Holmes collection and wall rack. As far as tobacco… You can’t go wrong with just about anything by Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Welcome to the forum :sher:

Reactions: smokeymo

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
Greetings from Tucson. The Az pipe club meets in Mesa at big sticks fine cigars on the second saturdays of the month if you happen to live up that way or are willing to drive like I do sometimes. Usually have been working then unfortunately.
azpipeclub.com for more info

smokeymo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 1, 2020
AZ
Greetings from Tucson. The Az pipe club meets in Mesa at big sticks fine cigars on the second saturdays of the month if you happen to live up that way or are willing to drive like I do sometimes. Usually have been working then unfortunately.
azpipeclub.com for more info
Big Sticks is about an hour away from me, so I have never been. I'd like to head down one of these months though. We do a weekly meetup on Thursdays in Phoenix. Much closer to home for me.

Reactions: username

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Hi Everyone. I'm somewhat new here so I figured I would introduce myself. I started smoking a pipe a few years ago after I inherited an original Sherlock Holmes collection from my Grandfather after he passed away. I didn't want to smoke those while learning so I went out and bought a Savinelli, a Nording, and a cob to learn on. I immediately found I enjoyed the hobby and since then I've purchased the rest of his collection (~1,000) pipes.

View attachment 93680

I've been slowly smoking through multiple blends to try and find what I like best (I'm finding bold Englishes, mellow VaPers, and alcohol aromatics are my favorite thus far). I'd be happy to hear any recommendations on your favorite, findable tobaccos (please don't recommend something that is impossible to find like Stonehaven haha). I unfortunately missed the boat on the McClelland tobaccos so I always keep an eye out for those when I'm purchasing a new tin just so I can get a taste of what everyone seems to hold in such high regard.

Anyway, thanks for having me. Looking forward to many more chats.
honestly I've found my favorite style of tobacco is which ever one I'am digging into at the moment. Erinmore is my pick of the week last week it was Escudo. Both are great since it's been a while since I've had either. My point is you can keep it interesting with a pipe if you slowly rotate through all the styles.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
One thousand pipes your granddad had, and now you? Wow!! Look forward to seeing some.

And welcome to the forum!

Please put your location in your Profile as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.

Status
Not open for further replies.