PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Meat

Lurker
Jul 25, 2024
Energy Capital of the World
Howdy, everyone.

After enjoying the occasional cigar for the past twenty or so years, I've decided to take up a new vice hobby and venture into pipe smoking. I'm a complete beginner, having picked up my first pipe and tobacco only a few short weeks ago.

Even though I'm still learning and making plenty of mistakes, sitting on the back porch and enjoying a smoke while letting the world pass by has been most welcome.

The learning curve has been made easier by absorbing the knowledge and wisdom imparted by those more experienced, and it is appreciated.

Hopefully one day I can return the favor.

Last edited by a moderator:

AroEnglish

Rehabilitant
Jan 7, 2020
Welcome; glad to have you here! It does take a while to get it down so just post your questions if you find you're having trouble with anything.

felix888

Lurker
Jul 23, 2024
Howdy, everyone.

After enjoying the occasional cigar for the past twenty or so years, I've decided to take up a new vice hobby and venture into pipe smoking. I'm a complete beginner, having picked up my first pipe and tobacco only a few short weeks ago.

Even though I'm still learning and making plenty of mistakes, sitting on the back porch and enjoying a smoke while letting the world pass by has been most welcome.

The learning curve has been made easier by absorbing the knowledge and wisdom imparted by those more experienced, and it is appreciated.

Hopefully one day I can return the favor.
Welcome to the world of pipe smoking! It's great that you're enjoying the experience so far, and I'm sure you'll get better with time and practice. There's something special about sitting back, relaxing, and savoring a good smoke. I'm glad you're finding the community helpful - we're always happy to share our knowledge and tips with newcomers. Keep puffing and learning, and I'm sure you'll be sharing your own wisdom with others in no time!

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Welcome to the forum from KC. It takes a while to learn how to smoke as pipe, so be patient. Remember to dry your tobacco if necessary. don't pack your pipe so tightly, and smoke slowly. Relights are not your enemy.