PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivapewithfire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2014
West Virginia, USA
To ssjones-
I live in the Charleston area, so it's a couple of hours drive (but I do go to Morgantown for games quite a bit).
To trailboss --
The original bad experience was a $10 dollar pope from the drug store and some type of cherry blend. Honestly it wasn't the pipe or the tobacco as much as the smoker behind it. I can remember sucking on that thing until there were clouds of smoke and the bowl was so hot I would have to put it down.
This time I'm using a MM Cobb thanks to advice from this forum. I've learned how to take it easy. Most bowls now last 30 minutes or so, a much more reasonable pace.
I've tried a few different tobacco's over the past few weeks. Mostly aromatics, but I also bought a tin of Dunhill EMP. The Early Morning Pipe was quite a different taste, but I'm starting to like it quite a bit now.
My favorites at the moment are Lane's Black Cordial, Dunhill EMP, and Captain Black.
There are still whole categories of tobacco I haven't sampled yet, so I don't even know that I've found the kind I like the best yet.
I think that is one of the things that is attracting me to pipe smoking. There is so much variety I'm pretty sure I'll never run out of something new to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.