PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Only had Clegir and Holker. I prefer the clegir, but both are fantastic. I want to get more of their ropes for sure.

Reactions: Ahi Ka

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I haven’t smoked enough of the genre to know whether it is a typical thing or due to this rope having a perique centre instead of being blended more evenly, but boy did smoking some well aged greenodd put my slightly taned burley-only arse in its place. The depth of flavour coming from that small amount of perique was insane

Reactions: ofafeather

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Never tried any of the Gawith-made Synjeco blends, but a VaPer rope made by Gawith sounds about as close to perfection as it can get.

Incidentally. have you tried Synjeco's Bad Nun flakes?

Reactions: artvandelay007

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Unfortunately not. I really wanted to but was unable to get an order in before the law changed. I’ve heard great things about it. I’d definitely recommend trying the synjeco stuff man, especially since you are in that neck of the woods anyways.

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
While I did not try the Ambieside I can tell you the Grenodd is fantastic, pobably my preferred VaPer. And I would say being an uncut rope the Grenodd by definition would age better than its cut version Ambieside which I think it is made just for convenience of people who do not want to deal with cutting ropes. But I would always prefer the rope version to their cut version.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Unfortunately not. I really wanted to but was unable to get an order in before the law changed. I’ve heard great things about it. I’d definitely recommend trying the synjeco stuff man, especially since you are in that neck of the woods anyways.
I bet their stuff is good, as it's made by Gawith Hoggarth.

Pity is they won't send anything bigger than a pouch to me and I can't be arsed :/

Reactions: artvandelay007

artvandelay007

Can't Leave
Apr 11, 2018
Wichita, KS
Never tried any of the Gawith-made Synjeco blends, but a VaPer rope made by Gawith sounds about as close to perfection as it can get.

Bad Nun is my favorite tobacco. I believe it’s the same as G&H Westmorland Slices if you’ve ever had that. Greenodd is fantastic as well. They’re all worth trying. They won’t send you more because you’re in the EU?

Status
Not open for further replies.