PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

frbausch

Lurker
Mar 7, 2013
I have been smoking Grant's Custom Blend #2131 for about 35 years. When Grant's in San Francisco was closing last Fall, I was told they were planning an online business while pondering a new location. However, when I used existing email, phone and website, all were bad. Going to my nearby local pipe shop, Liberty Tobacco in San Diego (good estate pipes, other services), I learned that, even with tobacco schema, blends are nearly impossible to duplicate. Any suggestions, other that switching tobaccos (which I will do if necessary)? Any one know of contacts for former Grant's people, in case either they are planning on coming back or if they would provide blending details that someone else could blend?

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome aboard Frbausch.

It might be helpful if you could tell us about "Grant's Custom Blend #2131.

Was it an Aromatic, Cross-over, English, VaPer, etc.?

Was it one of the Lane Ltd. or Peter Stokkebye re-names?

e.g. Lane Ltd. 1Q

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Welcome frbausch - just curious, were you able to stock up on some before they went out of business. We've been discussing that a lot here on the forums about stocking up. And even the idea that small smoke shops and blenders would be going out of business. Your post here is timely.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
You could try sending a sample to steven books of http://houseofcalabash.com/. I've heard he is good at reverse engineering tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.