PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

goalee1

Might Stick Around
Jan 21, 2012
I actually did get a chance to stop in before they closed. It was really sad/strange to see the walk in so empty with only maybe 10-12 boxes total. Few pipes on the wall and only a handful of tins. I did talk to the person there (forgot his name but he was a member over at BOTL) and he said there were 3 locations they were looking at. Its sad because regardless where they move, the feel of the old shop will be gone. Yes things will be new and where ever they decide on, people will come but its always sad when a shop moves from an original location thats been there for many decades. My shop in DC moved about a year ago and they are celebrating their 125th year in business so they were at the old location for quite some time. yes the new shop is fantastic and they did move some of the old fixtures but the new walls don't talk yet :) G1

Jul 20, 2010
Well we've been in THAT spot since 1963. Where the quiznos used to be, that I think wasa the original market street spot. No news so far.
But patiently waiting.

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
Anybody know who made pipes for Grant's? I think this one is a Charatan but the stem logo doesn't match as per my investigation.

http://imgur.com/hrVffPy

http://imgur.com/5KRBDlh

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
I understand that about the com mark and shape but you can see the AN and that sure looks like a Charatan stamp doesn't it?

samcoffeeman

Can't Leave
Apr 6, 2015
Also, that stem logo is typical for a Grant's Corinthian Deluxe. It is their own mark. Here is a pic of the Comoys 735 shape:

vintage-comoy-comoys-735-english-bent_1_5a867e39709fb5638d7ed5397e2d287b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.