Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome from central N.C. I love your city; for me, the sun always shone, and Mt. Rainer rose like the moon, and I'd take the ferry out to Bremerton. My dad smoked a pipe for fifty years, quit at 65 to take a campus no-smoking job, and departed at 89 licensed to drive without glasses. He was a minesweeper skipper in WWII, puffing his pipe all the way. He never smoked anything but Granger from a pouch and owned only one pipe at a time until it burnt out and split its bowl. I keep a tub around in case of a tobacco shortage or if I want some along the way.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Captain Granger, Sir

Why I’m happy to make your aquantance and I’m more excited than a deaf mute playin bingo, hitting the bingo and then tryin to holler out that he got the bingo that Granger is finally getting it’s Props!

I agree. Best of the OTC’s and I too place Carter Hall as my second favorite followed closely by PA and SWR.

Welcome and enjoy the forum! You will be visited by several Granger loving kindred spirits....

Ashdigger? Meet Captain Granger.

Dec 22, 2020
Captain Granger, Sir

Why I’m happy to make your aquantance and I’m more excited than a deaf mute playin bingo, hitting the bingo and then tryin to holler out that he got the bingo that Granger is finally getting it’s Props!

I agree. Best of the OTC’s and I too place Carter Hall as my second favorite followed closely by PA and SWR.

Welcome and enjoy the forum! You will be visited by several Granger loving kindred spirits....

Ashdigger? Meet Captain Granger.

Thoughts on Captain Black?

Based on Grangerous' previous recommendations, I ordered a tin of Granger. Hasn't arrived yet. And it wasn't easy to find. No vender in St. Louis sells it, as far as I can tell (not even Jon's Pipe Shop, which, for those who know St. Louis, is the absolute mecca for all things pipery). Found it online but it was mostly sold out everywhere. This is either a testament to how much it is loved, or to how much Captain Granger and Grangerous must horde it.

I am now more than a little excited to try this stuff.

Reactions: Grangerous
Side note: I am quite perplexed by the reviews of Granger. Seems like half call it an aromatic, the other half says it is not. This is puzzling to me. In my experience, I know an aromatic when I smoke it. There is no ambivalence about it. A tobacco is either aromatic, or it isn't. So what's up with this Granger stuff that seems to divide the reviewers into halvsies on what should be a cut and dry assessment?

Dec 22, 2020
Side note: I am quite perplexed by the reviews of Granger. Seems like half call it an aromatic, the other half says it is not. This is puzzling to me. In my experience, I know an aromatic when I smoke it. There is no ambivalence about it. A tobacco is either aromatic, or it isn't. So what's up with this Granger stuff that seems to divide the reviewers into halvsies on what should be a cut and dry assessment?
I admit, I stockpile it when I can.

• Love
Reactions: Grangerous

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Thoughts on Captain Black?

Sickly Sweet Marshmallow Vanilla Candy and theee last flavor I ever want to exit either end of a pipe. It’s the Devil’s Urine.

A lot of guys love CB with a passion. There’s nothing wrong with that. 1Q and BCA and Vanilla Cavendish are the favorites of many. But I can’t smoke these.

Just as there are many that can’t taste anything but harsh cigarette ash in Burley.

We’re all different.

Dec 22, 2020
Sickly Sweet Marshmallow Vanilla Candy and theee last flavor I ever want to exit either end of a pipe. It’s the Devil’s Urine.

A lot of guys love CB with a passion. There’s nothing wrong with that. 1Q and BCA and Vanilla Cavendish are the favorites of many. But I can’t smoke these.

Just as there are many that can’t taste anything but harsh cigarette ash in Burley.

We’re all different.
I too cannot abide it. Too much Cavendish.

Status
Not open for further replies.