Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Grandpareminiscing.jpg

Am I wrong for thinking this is funny? :lol:

jasongone

Mar 23, 2011
i was raised by my grandfather and he was a ww2 vet. he would say shit like this all the time and i find it freakin hilarious.

goodkat

Might Stick Around
May 31, 2011
Hahaha! The story around my house is that my great uncle on my Dads side tried to get out of the draft by breaking his arm. Apparently he was so large (6'6 260-275lbs) that his wife backing over his arm in the family car wouldn't break it.
My grandpa on the same side of the family was a sheet metal worker and watched guys cut fingers off to avoid the draft.

maduroman

May 15, 2010
one uncle wasa paratrooper, one of the 1st, with the 101st....
and a cousin from the same side of the family was a luftwaffe pilot with the nights cross and 84 air to air victories...

wolfscout

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2010
Newberry, SC
Besides the comedy, and it was funny.... My grandfather puff'd a pipe. He was a WWII vet as well. When he died I inherited most all of his Dr Grabows and Medico pipes. He'd sit silent for hours thinking on something in the evening before he'd talk. Not good to interrupt that time. I used to enjoy watching the trails of smoke drift upwards and float off according to the draft outside or in the house. He often smoked a cob when he was farming and working on the farm on his tractor. Good times to remember.

He never had any pipe tobacco other than what he could buy at the drug stores -- Usually SWR or Carter Hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.