PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigred324

Lurker
Feb 26, 2015
So I am recently new to the pipe scene and made my first big purchase of tobaccos and pipes. Did a bunch of research and this is everything I came up with.

This is everything I got. Six tobaccos and a grab bag of Missouri Meerschaum seconds. Also bought the nifty little pipe and tobacco pouch.
Edit: I see now you can't tell what is in the baggy. It is Mac Baren Scottish Mixture. (Was very bland)

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Looks like a very good start to me. I don't see any aromatics though?

Edit never mind the st Patricks day is an aro I forgot.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
You're gonna LOVE your cobs, especially the MM Freehand. Smart first buy. I wouldn't suggest anything different. You have enough there to keep you lit up for at least a couple of months.
Pax

bloodwood

Might Stick Around
Nov 2, 2014
Puyallup, WA
Your first big purchase echos the makings of one or two things.
1. A bugout bag (BOB).

When Armageddon comes you can sit atop your hill, relax, have a bowl or two and watch the light show.
or
2. Your every day carry (EDC).

No matter where you are, at any time, under any circumstance, you're prepared to fill and smoke a bowl. Morning thru afternoon Orlik has your back. Anytime after 1700 Nightcap covers your six.
Did I miss the light source?

bigred324

Lurker
Feb 26, 2015
I thank you for all the comments and support. It is always reassuring to get confirmation. I have tried the scot mix, and was unhappily disappointed. I posted about my experience with it in the beginner forum. I popped open the Nightcap and let it enough for a bowl air out for 30 minutes and smoked some and I *think* I could tell the vitamin N. However, I still can't detect all the nuances between tobaccos yet like I wish I could. My most pleasant smoke was the Lane Limited RHQ-3 and I don't know why yet.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Very nice start ... enjoy! :puffy:
What style cob is the one with the round bowl?
That's the MM Diplomat:
http://corncobpipe.com/diplomat-corncob-pipe-with-new-choices.html

Status
Not open for further replies.