PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

budrichard

Lurker
Jul 9, 2015
My son and I recently enjoyed the Askwith Cake with a pair of Askwith pipes we had recently obtained from Chris.

Very nice milder smoke than the Dunhill Navy Rolls.

I have a 2015 Peterson's Founders pipe and 2015 Founders tobacco along with a couple of other blends from Glynn in transit.

It's a pleasure to do business with Glynn and I really appreciate the artistry of what he does.

It seemed fitting that an Askwith pipe be enjoyed with Askwith Cake!-Richard

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
Wow. Finally, a Va/Per that I like! I received a pipe from Estate Pipe Shop in the UK yesterday, and with it was included a sample of GQ's Askwith Kake.

This stuff is great. I usually find most Va/Per blends a little on the boring side. But this blend seems to have it down pat.

This stuff has some TASTE, and is very smooth with no bite. It's already been reviewed by others, so I seem to be a little late to the party, but I know a great blend when I taste it.

This has to be the Popeye of Va/Per's! This is what all Va/Per's aspire to be when they grow up. Did I mention that this stuff is great! Got to order me some. If you haven't already, do yourself a favor. Try it.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Booker: you won't be disappointed. Askwith is one of the top ten VaPers around.

budrichard

Lurker
Jul 9, 2015
My new order just arrived from Glynn.

We tried the Nottingham Lace Noir.

Proabaly one of the smoothest pipe tobacco's I ever smoked. Just an excellent experience!

When I was smoking back in the 1960's there was nothing like Glynn's blends around.

I still have Latakia Layer Cake to try and the new order also included some Rum & Honey which we have to smoke.

Next order will have some Nottingham Lace Rouge.-Richard

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
I ordered 3 1/2 oz. of Askwith Kake earlier today. The shipping charges were high though. Ouch.

oakbear

Might Stick Around
Dec 27, 2011
UK
Any and all information about GQ appreciated. One of these days. .
What do you want to know Mike? Glynn's a friend of mine and i've tried almost all of his blends.

He's usually pretty amenable to getting contacted with any queries.

Status
Not open for further replies.