PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
@ns
I guess by the pics that you are relegated to smoke outside only. Isn't there a garage or something to fix up with a heater so you can get indoors?
Man, I feel for you

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Beautiful flowers, are those, and I will spell it wrong Chrisanthemums, my Grandmother had the same ones and would put bags over some, to save the seed? Nice picture Michel.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Winters near Toronto aren't as bad as on the coast, but the space heater and shed combo does work if you're willing to layer up. Those are some amazing flowers Michael, wish I had the patience for gardening.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I hear ya Michael! Vermont winters are long. We typically have snow on the ground from Nov until May.
I really don't mind the white Christmas' and all, but by Feb the cold weather, gray skies and snow gets old pretty fast.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
LOL actually I am happy all the time, life is good. Just don't like having my pic taken. I smoke indoors but when I am off work, it is hard to get me to stay inside in the Summer
#Bradley: I don't know the name of the bush, locally it is called Snowball tree.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
We have them is SE PA. They thrive..until the deer eat them to the ground.
True story: We were at a block party about five years ago. We live in a rural area, and the first topic of conversation at get-togethers is either septic systems or deer. So everyone was complaining about the deer eating their hydrangeas, how they just kill them dead. Well, we have several growing not 6 feet from the front door, and doing nicely. I had to brag about how the deer won't eat OUR hydrangeas, not with Bud, our trusty (came with the house) dog on guard, and in fact, they are in full bloom and looking fantastic and everyone should come over and see them. Of course, we all walk through the woods, semi-inebriated, to my house, and every last flower has been chomped by the deer, and the bushes are half their previous height. Looked like a tornado had come through. Took them about an hour to eat them all.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I miss sunshine...I'd be able to deal with winter much better if it didn't get dark so darn early up here...

Status
Not open for further replies.