PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ADKPiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 13, 2020
Adirondack Mountains
Yes I've succumb to the system.
I have no control.
Payday comes and I prove unable to resist my impulses.

002-029-81336.4799.jpg

ADKPiper

Dec 13, 2020
Adirondack Mountains
It's a fishtail
I'm pretty ambivalent about the p-lip vs fishtail thing. I don't generally suffer from tongue bite even though I smoke all day. As long as I don't smoke too much Virginia I don't ever get tongue bite.

Last edited:

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Nice.

I only smoke PLips, not because of tongue bite, but because Peterson fishtails feel like tongue depressors.

It’s a comfort thing.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have about a dozen Petersons but only one P-lip stem. I enjoy it as a change of pace, but I prefer the fishtail bits. Peterson has a strong identity with its shapes and designs, the heft and sturdiness, and in general they live up to the appearance of durability. Somehow I evaded that stretch when there were quality control problems. I've always stuck with the middle-priced pipes with the simpler airway design, so that may have saved me. That's a good looking pipe. I have a B10 briar Calabash with that knobby rustication, and I agree, it's a little conspicuous at first, but is enhanced by wear. It's a nice tactile finish. It's grippy.

ADKPiper

Dec 13, 2020
Adirondack Mountains
I have about a dozen Petersons but only one P-lip stem. I enjoy it as a change of pace, but I prefer the fishtail bits. Peterson has a strong identity with its shapes and designs, the heft and sturdiness, and in general they live up to the appearance of durability. Somehow I evaded that stretch when there were quality control problems. I've always stuck with the middle-priced pipes with the simpler airway design, so that may have saved me. That's a good looking pipe. I have a B10 briar Calabash with that knobby rustication, and I agree, it's a little conspicuous at first, but is enhanced by wear. It's a nice tactile finish. It's grippy.
I like that it looks like my other hand would have big wooden mug filled with mead or some other such brew. Some French looking shiny thing would be very out of place for me. I like that it looks like it was carved with a dagger from the stump of a tree which had been struck by lightening. The pipe of destiny!

Reactions: FLDRD