PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JohnnyRockets

Lurker
Sep 1, 2022
Tecumseh, Michigan
Hi all!

Started down the pipe smoking road today, coming from the cigar smoking world, about a week ago.

Today my wife bought me my first pipe and tobacco (such a GREAT wife!).

The pipe is a Rossi Sera 8315 Briar pipe (by Savinelli according to the box) and the tobacco is a good pipe blend recommended by my local B & M store.

Had my first bowl in it and thoroughly enjoyed it!

Off to a good start so far! :)

JR

Jacob74

Lifer
Dec 22, 2019
Killeen, TX
That's a fine looking pipe, lovely gift. Coincidentally, I have a very similar case that used to belong to a pair of headphones, lol!

Spa32

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2019
Wisconsin, USA
Hi JR. Congrats on the new pipe. I think the box was mislabeled a 8315. It looks more like a 8616 to me. It's a great pipe either way.

Reactions: chopper

JohnnyRockets

Lurker
Sep 1, 2022
Tecumseh, Michigan
Hi Clynch!

Well I'll find out when I go back and let you know.

The guy that helped me (Phil) has been a piper for 20 years and when I mentioned tongue bite (wanting to steer clear of it) he quickly steered me to the Rossi pipe and away from aromatics, as a "first choice". He wasn't pushy and really seemed to know what he was doing. He didn't break the bank with me, but he didn't suggest a crappy, cheap pipe either.

I appreciated his help! :)

JR

Reactions: chopper

trudger

Jan 1, 2019
‘Burbs of Detroit
Great pipe to start your journey! I missed your intro with the power out here in Metro D this week, so welcome! What is your local b&m?

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
WoOt! Congrats! 🎉🍾🎈

LOL, the wife bought the pipe, yeah we know why, stinking up the house with those smelly cigars. LOL 😆

Don’t ever toss that first pipe out! ❤️

clynch

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2013
Pensacola Florida
Hi Clynch!

Well I'll find out when I go back and let you know.

The guy that helped me (Phil) has been a piper for 20 years and when I mentioned tongue bite (wanting to steer clear of it) he quickly steered me to the Rossi pipe and away from aromatics, as a "first choice". He wasn't pushy and really seemed to know what he was doing. He didn't break the bank with me, but he didn't suggest a crappy, cheap pipe either.

I appreciated his help! :)

JR
Sounds like he did you right. Good for him!

Reactions: jndyer

jon11

Oct 25, 2013
Good luck Johnny. The chances that you’ll stick with it is about 30%. And the chances you’ll be around this forum in 5 years is about 10%. Are you one of us chosen ones? Only time will tell my brother!

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
I look forward to learning what tobacco was recommended to you. Good job by Phil’s the tobacconist on steering you away from aromatics as a first pipe tobacco.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome @JohnnyRockets! If your first smoke was an enjoyable and low-stress affair, that's puts you ahead of many others! puffy
Indeed! Good luck on your journey!

And,
Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.