PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
That actually is a Cumberland accent married to a regular black stem, I really like the look of the whole pipe.

May 31, 2012
Wow, that's a neat touch.
I think your pipe is beautiful too.
So natural,

almost like it wasn't made,

but formed.
Naturally.
I smoked mine again this morn and it was great.

One of those pipes that smokes itself,

refuses to go out,

keeps a steady smolder going no matter what.
It was a pretty quick turnaround on my part, glad I decided to actually smoke it.

My heart is growing very fond!

:!:

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
Galles is indeed the Italian name for the country from which I am from and live. The French seem to call us Le Pays de Galles.
I now find myself curious as to why these pipes would be named after my country. It would not make sense to name it Wales after a classic English clay because we are two different countries in the UK.
Whatever the reason it certainly is a most interesting looking pipe. Quite beautiful for sure. It is also the first time I have heard of this pipe maker. For me a doubly interesting thread.

K

klause

Not sure how I missed this!!
That pipe is utterly gorgeous, Troy. Reading down the thread I was dismayed when you said you were going to return it.........buuuuuttttt......all is well with the world in the end.
Cracking pipe - I could look at it all day - I hope it provides years of pleasure.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I thought I would just go ahead and resurrect this old thread in MLC's honor since he is the one that influenced this purchase. I GOT ME A GAMBINO! I'm excited about this one.

002-575-0100.jpg

002-575-0100_4.jpg

002-575-0100_2.jpg

Anyone here have any experience with Gambino pipes?

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Nice ... I was actually eyeing that one too! :clap:

Ah shoot, I hope I didn't sweep in and snag it from ya? I haven't received it yet but I'm anxiously awaiting it's delivery. Should be here early next week.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Technically I haven't got it yet..still on layaway at smokingpipest.

I had my eye on it and another for a good while. One day, one of them had sold so I figured it was time to pull the trigger on this one.
I think part of it was... I couldn't decide between the two so I was going to let someone buy one and I'd get the other. Worked out ok..
I'll have it in my meathooks by mid January I'm sure. At $450 it was one of his more thrifty offerings.

Status
Not open for further replies.