PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I picked this up off ebay. I'm excited to get it, as this is my first clay and I've never smoked one before.

KGrHqRrQE-ZQpi4cnBPmYKEzRTQ60_35.jpg

KGrHqRlQE9HsfKBUBPmYKOwsEw60_35.jpg

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
I have always been curious about how a clay smokes, you gotta tell me if you like it! Also mabye lay off the eBay for a bit? XD

frennchy11

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 28, 2011
I for one am jealous at all of your new pipes! If I had the money I would be in the same boat! Awesome pick up let us know how that clay smokes

Jul 15, 2011
Clays are, in some ways, better than briar, but you need to be cautious of a few things: Clays will break incredibly easy, so they are not a pipe that you should be out and about with. Also, the bowl of a clay gets very hot to the touch as you smoke it, so it may be preferable to hold it by the stem. That said, clays dont ghost and offer the driest smoke I have ever had, and you will never taste baccy like you have tasted it in a clay. Looking good Uber!

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
That said, clays dont ghost and offer the driest smoke I have ever had, and you will never taste baccy like you have tasted it in a clay

I've heard good and bad things about them. Some say they smoke way to hot, others love them. I hope I like it. Worst case scenario, I can sell it here

Jul 15, 2011
I personally think that although the bowl does get very hot to the touch, the smoke is very cool and dry. I actually got spoiled by smoking AJs Vaper in a clay because to me, it doesnt taste nearly as good in a briar as it does in my clay. I know pawpaw is a fan of his clays too. Another nice thing about clays is that you dont have to really clean it after each smoke and you can smoke it again right away. When I am done with my clay, all I do is empty out the dottle, let it cool down for about 10 minutes, then blow the residual bits out into my hand and Im good to go again. Damnit uber! Now you're gonna make me pull out my clay and light up a bowl. :mrgreen:

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Very nice pair of pipes. I also have never smoked a clay pipe so I will be interested in how you like it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.