PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Found out one of the light switch was broken. Went to the breaker box, turn off the area, double check and took the plate off the wall. As soon as I touched the wire that was disconnected, it was a shock. I mean like electric shock. I was shaking and rattling until I dropped everything in the hands. Wasn't fun, but I'm glad I didn't reach extra crispy stage. It turned out for whatever reason that switch belonged to different area.

OneGoodBulldog

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2020
Found out one of the light switch was broken. When to the breaker box, turn off the area, double check and took the plate off the wall. As soon as I touched the wire that was disconnected, it was a shock. I mean like electric shock. I was shaking and rattling until I dropped everything in the hands. Wasn't fun, but I'm glad I didn't reach extra crispy stage. It turned out for whatever reason that switch belonged to different area.
My goodness, man! We really have to talk about that unsmoked plug if this is how you're going to behave...

But seriously, don't do that again.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Found out one of the light switch was broken. Went to the breaker box, turn off the area, double check and took the plate off the wall. As soon as I touched the wire that was disconnected, it was a shock. I mean like electric shock. I was shaking and rattling until I dropped everything in the hands. Wasn't fun, but I'm glad I didn't reach extra crispy stage. It turned out for whatever reason that switch belonged to different area.
That’s why we always double check for live wires, even after flipping a breaker. ?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I just had to booster cable the car we drive too little, and it was an exercise in cautiousness and prayer. I had to send away for longer cables (Rock Auto) because there was too little maneuvering room, but now we have cables for both cars. I recommend 12' version. Approach juice with full respect.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Time to buy a voltage meter pen it sounds like! It only costs $15 for that to never happen again!
This is the correct answer. I do a lot of electrical repairs around the house, but I always ALWAYS check any line I'm about to touch with a voltage tester. Don't mess around with electricity. That shit can mess you up in an instant, and seemingly without warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.