PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Great selection fullbent--you definitely will have a hard time not LOVING anything from Pease, Peterson, MacB or Dunhill. I just got another tin of Escudo today, along with 11 tins of Triple Play, some Cairo and Jackknife Plug to round it out. Smoke 'em if you got 'em! :puffy:

jayf

Lurker
Mar 7, 2011
SWR aromatic or Prince Albert Soft Vanilla, good tob y's and tehy won't break the bank.
Peace,

Jayf

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Time to invest in some mason jars :)

You got some more blends heading your way from Texas.

You'll be set for awhile, but I get this feeling you'll be ordering again by months end!

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
I went to the local dollar store 2 days ago,and bought a couple cases of 1/2 pint jars.They hold 2 ounces just right.I had Boswells,and Gatlinburliers bulk blends that I put in there.So im ready lonestar and JC

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
My go to aromatic blend is definitely Peterson's Connoisseur's Choice. Wonderful mixture of tropical fruit, rum, and vanilla casing in a black cavendish, gloden & red virginia, and luxury broken flake blend. Burns nice and evenly down to the bottom of the bowl.

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
I don't have any go to blends - as I smoke something different everyday. I highly recommend any tobacco blends from Russ Oulette (Hearth & Home Series), Blends by Steve Books (Rich's) or Jack Peterson's (Sterling/1776) all of them can be purchased on-line - come in bulk and you buy whatever amount you want.
If you want to try a sample of something call or email them - I have found Russ Oulette's Pipesandcigars.com and Jack Peterson's Sterling to be very generous - offering great customer service, prompt delivery and excellent tobaccos. This is why I buy from them both constantly. Rich's lost Steve Books not too long ago so Bill, the manager, is holding down the fort. The blends are all outstanding but expensive & no samples are available - so you you just have to take a shot and hope for the best.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
I have only had one bowl of Bagpipers Dream but it was a great blend. Let us know how you like it.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I stopped by Boswells last week and picked up some Northwoods and Bear blend. Both are nice, but I prefer the Northwoods. The wife likes the Bear, it's got a bit of fruit smell she likes. Here's a site with reviews on most of their line that is interesting:

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/brand_detail.cfm?BID=234

I also picked up a tin of Samuel Gaewith Brown No. 4, which is might stiff and takes some getting used to (and this coming from a guy who loves dark cigars).

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
FB... I read somewhere that you liked LBF, well but some of it in a jar for 6 - 12 months and you'll be amazed how really good it gets with a little age.
BTW... the package is on its way.

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
Thanks JC...Ive been all about some Marios since the other day.....You dont have anymore do ya :wink:

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Nope FB... I'm all out of MGs... the other one in the first group shot I posted went to a good friend several months back.
I look forward to hearing what you think of them when they arrive. I also included an open tin you should try when you get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.