PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The highways are so entwined and the commercial space so high rent, I don't think there will be any tobacconists nearby, but maybe someone can pull one out of a hat. I think of the Watergate and the Kennedy Center, not propitious pipe shop terrain.

sdcowboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 24, 2011
Rapid City, SD
Old Virginia Tobacco Company has a store in the Pentagon City Mall. The mall has its own Metro station, so its easy to get there. I've been there several times, and its a great place.
http://ovtc.com/locations.html

jogilli

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2013
I second old Virginia tobacco company... I enjoying visiting that store... Only seconded by Georgetown tobacco .... Those are my favorite DC shops
James

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I remember Georgetown Tobacco. It's been a few years but, I remember it as being a very nice store.
Between the universities, politicians, and other shakers and movers, lots of expensive cigars and top grade pipes.
mso these people do not practice what they preach. The politicians get to smoke in buildings in which you and I, the owners, are prohibited from such.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
warren, alas I know you're right. The Old Virginia and Georgetown shops sound pretty nice. Last I was there a while back, the Metro (subway) is clean and a good ride. Anything close to a Metro stop is easy to reach.

bcharles123

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
John Crouch (sp?) is in Alexandria. A couple miles from Reagan. Warning, the traffic there and parking is as bad as it gets. On the other hand it's worth it!
If the weather is nice you can walk down to the river. There is also a great bar upstairs (maybe a few buildings over). Cigar/pipe friendly. Very comfortable. I forget the name but they will know at the pipe shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.