PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Briarbuck said it better than I ever could...those that are vulnerable and have underlying conditions can choose to protect themselves just like they've always done during flu season. It's almost communist to require that everyone shelter for just a few percent of the population (sorry to get political with the word communist, lol).
not really how it works medically speaking unless you can send all the vulnerable people to some reservation out in the middle of nowhere.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Before we get too far, isn’t this the sort of thread that brought down the hammer just a few weeks ago? And ironically in a thread named “Good News”.

Positivity! It’s not likely to be aliens removing us from the planet so they can take our water.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
We had a beach rental home in Florida, three times...(Sanibel,Destin and Panama City),once they found we were from Maryland, it got canceled, three times. We rented a house in Gulf Shores Alabama. We had plane tickets, but being in air for 10+ hours combined with driving from the airport, we decided we're makign the 14 hour drive in the truck (so, now, we can take all of our beach gear). So Florida, you lost about $10k in income that is now going to Alabama.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
It’s not likely to be aliens removing us from the planet so they can take our water.

Good news! I've been in communication (sorry, not allowed to reveal how) with the Zeta Reticulans and they've decided to allow us to remain on the planet...we just have to get chipped and wear ankle bracelets.

Oh...and they're working on a vaccine that they say will "cure" everything that's wrong with us!

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
Good news! I've been in communication (sorry, not allowed to reveal how) with the Zeta Reticulans and they've decided to allow us to remain on the planet...we just have to get chipped and wear ankle bracelets.

Oh...and they're working on a vaccine that they say will "cure" everything that's wrong with us!
It must come out of a gun.

• Haha
Reactions: 3rdguy and brian64

stokesdale

Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
We had a beach rental home in Florida, three times...(Sanibel,Destin and Panama City),once they found we were from Maryland, it got canceled, three times. We rented a house in Gulf Shores Alabama. We had plane tickets, but being in air for 10+ hours combined with driving from the airport, we decided we're makign the 14 hour drive in the truck (so, now, we can take all of our beach gear). So Florida, you lost about $10k in income that is now going to Alabama.
My wife and I have an RV for exactly the same reason (we can take all our stuff with us, but also don't have to worry about hotels and rentals in general which is nice). We also had the added benefit during this period that cancellations didn't affect us as the campgrounds and RV parks down that way were allowed to be open with no restrictions, so that was good. We stayed in Navarre (where we usually stay) which is between Pensacola and Destin, but have been as far west in that area as Perdido. We've been thinking about Gulf Shores for future trips, how was it there? Did you go out to Fort Morgan and how was the section of beach on the way there? I ask because I do a ton of surf fishing...

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
My wife and I have an RV for exactly the same reason (we can take all our stuff with us, but also don't have to worry about hotels and rentals in general which is nice). We also had the added benefit during this period that cancellations didn't affect us as the campgrounds and RV parks down that way were allowed to be open with no restrictions, so that was good. We stayed in Navarre (where we usually stay) which is between Pensacola and Destin, but have been as far west in that area as Perdido. We've been thinking about Gulf Shores for future trips, how was it there? Did you go out to Fort Morgan and how was the section of beach on the way there? I ask because I do a ton of surf fishing...
My wife swears the water at Gulf Shores isn't as clear as say Destin or further into FL. I don't see a difference. Gulf Shores is a little less crowded them some of those FL beaches (Like Panama City, where we were last year). I don't fish, so can't comment on that. Of course the closer you get to the Mississippi delta, the water does become more clouded (Mississippi beaches do not look appealing).

Gecko

Can't Leave
Dec 6, 2019
Sweden

I for one welcome our new alien overlords. ?

• Haha
Reactions: brian64

stokesdale

Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
My wife swears the water at Gulf Shores isn't as clear as say Destin or further into FL. I don't see a difference. Gulf Shores is a little less crowded them some of those FL beaches (Like Panama City, where we were last year). I don't fish, so can't comment on that. Of course the closer you get to the Mississippi delta, the water does become more clouded (Mississippi beaches do not look appealing).
Panama City is packed...always. You should try Navarre Beach...it's a forgotten passthru of the panhandle. Right next to Navarre is Gulf Islands National Seashore. We go out to Opal Beach which is probably the least crowded, most beautiful beach in the panhandle. Not much to do in the Navarre area (it's mostly a locals beach/town) but you aren't far from Fort Walton Beach/Destin or Pensacola. Thanks for the info on Alabama!

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Shits going back to normal.. lets just hope that this strange case of mass hysteria, causing everyone to not work will actually pass. Everything is open here in my state (AL), but I called to have a street light bulb changed at my apartment complex. The lady says, "sir we are trying to keep our technicians safe, we aren't doing that right now."

My apartment complex needs street lights bad... haha

Last edited:

stokesdale

Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
Shits going back to normal.. lets just hope that this strange case of mass hysteria, causing everyone to not work will actually pass. Everything is open here in my state (AL), but i called to have a street light bulb changed at my apartment complex. The lady says, "sir we are trying to keep our technicians safe, we aren't doing that right now."

My apartment complex needs street lights bad... haha
Well, you know, covid travels through the air and the light post acts as a conduit whereby the virus travels upward and then forms a virus mist around the light itself...so I can see her point.

Status
Not open for further replies.