PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowhatchie

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 27, 2010
It is I guess inevitable that eventually everyone decides that certain tobaccos mixed together would produce the absolute best smoke in the world, the one that they have been searching for...smokes cool, stays lit, delivers a taste straight from heaven. Some of you may have already tried this one... But I wanted to share...as I have it found it to be near the perfect all day smoke for me. I like the English and Balkan blends all right but this has proven to be my go to tobacco. 1/2 1Q and 1/2 Autumn Evening(C&D).

Give this a try if you care and I think you will be pleased.

greggors

Can't Leave
Oct 5, 2010
Mississauga ON Canada
I'll give that a try if my tobacconist has them, I know the 1Q here goes by a different name, not sure about the Autumn Evening.

As far as the blends that I've made up I like the flavor of 70% Bakery shop sweetened with 30% Broadway ( unfortunately not sure if they go by other names as these are the house tobaccos)

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
This is interesting guys keep it up. I am anxious to hear about some of the blends I have.

mlaug

May 23, 2010
Iowa
KISS =
Keep

It

Simple

Stupid
He means making the simplest of blending ratios.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Thanks for the 1Q/Autumn Evening tip. I'm nearly out of AE but have some on order. The shop always has 1Q. Think I'll mix a small batch up next time.

mlaug

May 23, 2010
Iowa
I got it when I signed up. I sent Kevin $50.00 for the membership fee and it came a week later in the mail.
Kevin said they were for everyone but moderators.
He said, "They can't be trusted" or something like that.
Didn't everyone send in the sign up fee?
:)
decoderring.jpg

whitebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2010
i like about 1 part blending latakia and 3 parts 1-Q--pretty nice--
being a burley person, i always enjoy a 'burley and back' blend that isn't saturated with PG--using OTC blends i enjoy the following:

1.00 part BCA

1.00 part PA

0.75 part CH

0.75 part Rum and Maple
i enjoy it; YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.