Good Coffee & Good Inexpensive Machines?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I must clear that the machine is not inexpensive, usually sells for 180 to 220, wife found it at her bargin store called Dirt Cheap, taped on box for 59$, only fly in the ointment no returns, called me about it, told her you spend more on scratchoffs, buy it and Sa La Vie, came home maker was brand new. Triumph!

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Well, since I started the post, I bought all these for Christmas 2023.

Baratza Encore burr grinder.

Bodum Melior Goose Neck Kettle

Chemex 10 cup

Greater Goods coffee scale

I just bought a Hario v60 Start Set in red a few weeks ago.

The only coffee accessory I owned before all this was just a Bodum French Press.

As you can see I’m turning into a coffee nerd! LOL 🤓

But I still haven’t figured out a Drip machine for the Mrs.

I really love the Chemex for its Clarity and Brightness. I love fruity beans, and the Chemex is great for fruity bright light roasts.Then I noticed when flavors start falling off, I’ll brew with the V60, which brings more punch and vibrance back, since it uses a thinner filter over a Chemex, it makes a bolder cup.

These are 3rd wave coffee roasters I’ve bought from this year.

Happy Mug

Black & White

Cat & Cloud

Twiga

Dark Matter

I received June 5th Blueprint Drupe I am drinking now, I’ve almost finished the bag.

Before I jumped on the 3rd wave band wagon at the beginning of this year, around 7-10 years ago I was in Alaska getting a little into coffee, and had a few blends from Raven’s Brew

I really love natural coffees that are not infused, which have fruity and floral characteristic. I never realized till I got into 3rd wave coffee, that a lot of beans from around the world have floral and fruity notes, along with many others.

Chemex my weapon of choice, as I mentioned for the Clarity and Brightness. :)

IMG_1990.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: pipenschmoeker123