PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sutaabo

Lurker
Oct 5, 2019
Welcome from SoCal.

I liked your story. I gather that you're either a light pipe smoker or a very lucky one since you only smoke Esoterica blends, which are very difficult (for most) to find, or smoke other extinct blends. BTW, Night Cap is back under the Peterson label.
Very well said. I'd have to say I'm more of a hoarder. Anytime I find any Tobacco I think I might like I buy as much as they'll let me have. If I don't like it. I sell it.
Thanks for the info on Night cap. Currently I have it cellared in bulk.
This is some of my Esoterica stash. Dunbar was not in the picture as it was on the counter in the kitchen at the time 4302

tg51

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2017
Fort Polk, LA
Welcome, it seems you have had a very interesting path to pipe smoking. But now I see you have quite the collection of quality tobaccos, well done.

Reactions: Sutaabo

Sutaabo

Lurker
Oct 5, 2019
I appreciate the comments. I got a hold of some esoterica a few years back and I never really knew how difficult it was to obtain. But that's the story of my life. Always wanting something I can't ever get.

adui

Can't Leave
Aug 26, 2019
Mesa Arizona
Thank you for the welcome everyone. I'm originally from New Mexico and now I'm living in AZ. I've been smoking pipes for about 15 years. I recently discovered Esoterica line of tobaccos and I'm in love! It pretty much all I smoke now. That and Dunhill night cap and from old frog Morton
Where in AZ? There are a couple of good stores in the Phoenix area, I'm sure one of them would have, or be able to get what you like.

YE Olde Pipe on 24th, and its sister stores all named Stagg tobacconists in north Scottsdale and I don't recall the other places.

Then there is Big Sticks Fine Cigars in Tempe, On Main just east of Dobson.

There's Royal Tobacco, in Mesa off Power and the 202 Red Mountain, but I've not any experience there so I don't know.

Sutaabo

Lurker
Oct 5, 2019
Where in AZ? There are a couple of good stores in the Phoenix area, I'm sure one of them would have, or be able to get what you like.

YE Olde Pipe on 24th, and its sister stores all named Stagg tobacconists in north Scottsdale and I don't recall the other places.

Then there is Big Sticks Fine Cigars in Tempe, On Main just east of Dobson.

There's Royal Tobacco, in Mesa off Power and the 202 Red Mountain, but I've not any experience there so I don't know.
Wow that's great information thank you for that. I'm living in Chandler. I just moved so I really don't know what good places I just drive everywhere all over the place looking for an old school tobacconist that's not selling Vaping juice and Marijuana pipes.

adui

Can't Leave
Aug 26, 2019
Mesa Arizona
Wow that's great information thank you for that. I'm living in Chandler. I just moved so I really don't know what good places I just drive everywhere all over the place looking for an old school tobacconist that's not selling Vaping juice and Marijuana pipes.

Those three are old school. Depending on where in Chandler I'd suggest either Ye Old Pipe or Big Sticks. Both are great, and can be found with google maps quite easily.
As a side note, (and shameless plug) The AZ Pipe Club meets at Big Sticks the second Saturday of every month at 1pm. (so this Saturday) They also attend the Pipe Night put on there on the 4th (I think) Wednesday.

Reactions: UncleRasta
Status
Not open for further replies.