PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sutaabo

Lurker
Oct 5, 2019
I discovered I loved the smell of pipes when I was 15 years old working at an onion shed in New Mexico.
one of the general managers walked in. And amongst all the dust, onion skins, and onion smells I could smell a rich leathery Smokey chocolate scent. It was a well dressed gentle smoking a pipe.

I loved the smell but had no interest in smoking them.

When I moved out and got my own place I wanted that smell in my apartment. I bought a Dr grabow pipe from a pharmacy and some black Cavendish Tobacco too.

I took them home, packed the pioe and lit it. Figuring it would stay lit like incense.

Had to keep tugging on it like a siphon to keep it lit. I hated the taste but loved the smell.

Years later I was outside a courthouse and saw an older man smoking a pipe. I asked him what he was smoking. He said it didn't matter. What matters is the way you pack it. He should me how to pack it and I went home... That's the day I started loving the way a pipe tastes. I've been smoking them ever since.

My

Sutaabo

Lurker
Oct 5, 2019
Thank you for the welcome everyone. I'm originally from New Mexico and now I'm living in AZ. I've been smoking pipes for about 15 years. I recently discovered Esoterica line of tobaccos and I'm in love! It pretty much all I smoke now. That and Dunhill night cap and from old frog Morton

Reactions: Patrick_Green

Patrick_Green

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2019
Texas
Ooh oops I see your original post mentioned New Mexico lol. Sorry bout that, I am very scatter brained. I really wanna try that esoterica, but its out of stock everywhere I've looked.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Wow! Pretty nice stuff! Do you have a nice shop nearby where you get Esotericas, or some other way of acquiring them?

Favorite pipe?

Sutaabo

Lurker
Oct 5, 2019
Thank you gentlemen. Unfortunately the nearest shop where I occasionally find esoterica is 30 miles away. The other is in NM. I travel between both states and any time I see a Tobacco store I stop. Sometimes I strike gold. Other times I'm disappointed. But it's always an adventure.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Welcome from SoCal.

I liked your story. I gather that you're either a light pipe smoker or a very lucky one since you only smoke Esoterica blends, which are very difficult (for most) to find, or smoke other extinct blends. BTW, Night Cap is back under the Peterson label.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.