PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
It seems as though everyone has a couple of pipe makers that they tend to buy pipes from. For example when I go to look for a new pipe I always think of Peterson and Savinelli pipes first, then I look at other pipe makers. In the past few months I have been trying a lot of new tobacco and it seems as though I gravitate toward certain tobacco companies. My go to tobacco companies are McClellend, Estorica ( a new one), Dunhill, and Peterson. The are lots of othe tobacco companies I like, but these are the ones I look at first. What are you go to tobacco companies? :puffy:

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
Most of the companies I like have changed who manufactures and distributes them IE Rattray's and Dunhill so while I am loyal to the blends I am not to the company. G.L. Pease is made by Greg Pease, so there is someone actually behind the blend and that is something you can give credence to, the same with Mclelland.

baldy

Might Stick Around
May 13, 2011
Dunhill, Esoterica, GLP, Maclelland and growing. Like pipe tobacco my taste changes so some week I like X brand better than others. IMO, it's difficult to get bad pipe tobacco these days.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I've smoked a lot of McClellend tobacco over the years.I've smoked a lot of Lane Limited blends as well.Lane discontinued some of their blends including two of my favorites.Esoterica also makes some good blends.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
What's available. In my case, my B & M stocks a lot of McClelland. Lucky for me, I love their stuff. Being a hobbyist with a definite penchant for sampling a wide variety of tobaccos though, I have and will continue to sample the wares of every blender I can.
Simon

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
Looking over my stash I'd say MacBaren, Cornell & Diehl, and Esoterica have the most representation in my cellar.

Status
Not open for further replies.