PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombraider

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 21, 2013
I'm jumping on that bruichladdich offering. All of this cold weather makes me think maybe a crisp G&T will at least make me think of hot summer afternoons.

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
I drink a gin and tonic at least every day. It must be served in a tall glass half filled with ice, plymouth gin and tonic that's on the cheap side of decent, and a chunk of lime lightly squeezed and wiped round the rim. Though these days i've gotten lazy, and if i feel like more than one, i'll just have an extra big g&t in a pint glass.
I cant understand expensive tonic, I find it often tastes artificially citrused. Better off with a good own brand tonic that actually tastes like quinine.

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
I'm not sure I really understand why, but nearly every Anglican priest I've ever met drinks gin & tonic, rather than scotch, whiskey, rum, etc.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
In my experience you can mix Boodles with any tonic and it will taste fine. I like Scotch but only in the evenings and I tend to avoid gin when my wife is floating around as it is a guaranteed knock out argument maker after the fifth one.

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
Great summer drink! For me its Bombay with Tonic. I equally prefer lime OR lemon squeezed into it.

judd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2014
I haven't had a drink of gin in many years, somehow I started to enjoy Makers Mark bourbon and have stuck with it. Maybe it's time to re-visit a gin and tonic again and again and again......

roverblue

Lurker
Feb 17, 2012
It's a shame to water down good gin. We stuff olives with some stinky cheese. Add gin. Stir with the olives being sure to mix a bit of the cheese in with the gin. Drink. My favorite gin is Van Gogh!

My hot weather go to drink is Campari and soda....

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
Anyone tried Monkey 47 Dry Gin from Germany's Black Forest - it's supposed to be the dog's bollocks - I've just ordered a case!!

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
I enjoy a Hendricks and tonic or Botanist and tonic once and a while.

dieseltech

Might Stick Around
Nov 18, 2010
Tanqueray and Seagrams or Schweeps tonic. Lime or no doesn't matter to me. Nothing as cool and crisp in a lounge while enjoying great tobacco.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Anchor Steam also makes a few gins. As well as other liquors. They make a rye whiskey that is oh so nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.