GH Scotch Flake

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

64alex

Preferred Member
May 10, 2016
I am discovering GH Scotch flake one of the best flakes of GH. The reason I like is, in addition to the great Virginias, the wonderful chocolate casing (I love chocolate) which really tastes as natural chocolate. In this regard I consider Scotch flake much more chocolatish than Bob's chocolate.
I am wondering why GH called it Scotch given there is no Scotch in it but only chocolate casing as also said in the tobacco description by GH. Anybody knows this? I am just curious.

gerryp

Preferred Member
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
I am discovering GH Scotch flake one of the best flakes of GH. The reason I like is, in addition to the great Virginias, the wonderful chocolate casing (I love chocolate) which really tastes as natural chocolate. In this regard I consider Scotch flake much more chocolatish than Bob's chocolate.
I am wondering why GH called it Scotch given there is no Scotch in it but only chocolate casing as also said in the tobacco description by GH. Anybody knows this? I am just curious.
That's a good question. It's certainly not the same as a Scottish-style blend, which don't have chocolate. Or Scotch, as far as I know.

danimalia

Preferred Member
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I wonder if it's a reference to the Scottish Flake style. Not entirely sure what that means, but Pease refers to it in his tin description for Fillmore. I assumed the Rattray's Virginia-based flakes, and maybe that's what GH&C are referring to, though Scotch Flake seems rather different to the Rattray's blends and/or Fillmore for that matter. That said, we all know how fluid these categories are.

Reactions: Ahi Ka