PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
Hey guys, I just won a another bent grabow omega on eBay. $10.50 including shipping. Looks nice, I'll post pictures when I receive it.

searock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2010
Hello Everyone, This is my first post and it's nice to be here... Got a question. I've looked at ebay and seen all the thousands of pipes for sale. It kind of looks to me like they get the lions share of the used pipe sales. I've look on line but haven't seen another good site where pipe smokers can buy and sell or auction pipes. Am I overlooking a good resource? Thanks guys.

excav8tor

Can't Leave
Aug 28, 2010
South Devon, England
I tend to put my bid in with 10 seconds left to go. I have had some good deals that way, but as has been said already, the last 30 seconds is usually when it goes nuts. I also make sure I NEVER bow down totally to my PAD and bid higher than I think they are worth or prepared to pay for them.

abecox

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2010
Cleveland, OH
I usually bid myself up, set a nice maximum bid and then just see what happens. If I really want it I may bump up my Max bid even more but usually if I don't really care too much, hey, at least that other guy paid more than I would have.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
During the past 3 months, I've used a tool called Gavel Thief, which is an ebay sniping program. It does a nice job, just set your maximum bid and then it will fire it off in the last 5 seconds. Its a good way to win auctions when you are away from your computer.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I've never bought an estate pipe from ebay, but I have used the "buy it now" button for new pipes.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
My bidding participation on e-bay is simple. I place my maximum at what I

believe the Pipe or Blend is worth and see what happens. If I win, then I

feel that I got a good deal regardless if I paid my maximum or a lesser amount.

If I don't win, then I feel that someone else simply paid too much $$.

Status
Not open for further replies.