PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I always look past PC's troubles of the past to get to Russ' tobacco blends. The guy's a wizard. Comfortable healing to Russ.

Reactions: drayve85

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Thanks everyone. I haven't been on here for a while, so thanks to all of you for the encouragement and well wishes. Anthony had the details correct. I had the staples removed today and I'll probably be back in the office (although wheelchair bound) next week. In a couple of weeks I hope to be fit for an orthotic and should be back up and walking as usual. It's gratifying to know that people have taken the time to express good wishes. Thanks again to all of you.
Russ

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
As a diabetic myself I can relate. Hope this is the last of your troubles and you have a speedy recovery!
I can relate also. My mother had diabetes and never really took care of herself the way she should have. She died at the age of 72 in 1991. The tricky thing with Type II diabetes is it is not the same for everyone. What works for one person may bring on more severe problems for someone else. All 4 of my sisters have it to varying degrees and are constantly having to check their blood sugar throughout the day. I have it also but manage mine through a once weekly non-insulin injection and oral medication.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Orley, pappy, agreed. Here too, & will have surgery in a couple of weeks to correct a bunion to resolve an ulcer issue that's been intransigent for a couple of years. With luck it'll save the toe. I'm very glad to hear Russ is recovering.
Type II can be a bear. Glad such a man is still with us for the benefit of the hobby!

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I haven't been dealing with much in the way of pain, so there's a temptation to want to stand on the foot. Gretchen, however, has been keeping a hawk eye on me and has threatened me with a cast iron frying pan if I do. I guess I'll just sit.
Russ

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Ditto -- if Mama ain't happy, ain't NObody happy. Period. End of bowl.
BTW, yeah, Russ, KWYM. Neuropathy will play some deadly tricks on you. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.