Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I bought two GBD's recently from site sponsor Smokers Haven. This is a Virgin Shape 28D. I've never seen this straight Rhodesian shape before nor that shape number. It is a straight version of a 9242, from appearances. The Smokers Haven said in the ad, that this pipe was from the 1950's. I don't know how you can reliably date a GBD but it is defeinitely pre-Cadogan (London, England stamp). Back in the day, the Smokers Haven probably sold the lions share of GBD sold in the US, so I guess they would know.
This is my first GBD with the elusive "Hand Cut" stem stamp. The tenon and button are quite different from my other GBD stems. I'm thrilled to find this one and will smoke it this morning.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
While not a big fan of the bent rhodesians, this somehow does it for me. I really like the lines on this one. What a find! Congrats and I hope she smokes as good as she looks!!

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I must be getting older; I can remember when quality GBDs were sold in brick-and-mortar stores that were to be found in many towns and cities across the country. You've got one fine pipe there, and I hope you enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.