PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
BTW- for reference, this is the post by @oldgeezersmoker that I was referring to and the purpose for starting this thread. Thanks @oldgeezersmoker for the great info.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Discontinued as well.
Here is what I received:
"
Sadly, I can confirm that both of these mixtures are discontinued, and we do not anticipate receiving them again in the future. I do apologize for this, as I was hoping for a return of the Cherry Cream Flake myself.
Regards,
Samuel
I thought there was a post a while back that stated that, no blends were “permanently“ discontinued and if there was enough demand, blends could ”appear again. Was that just an appeasing lark or is there any truth to that?

Last edited:
Reactions: ofafeather

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Here is the quote I mentioned above

“No product has been de-continued as such. We have simply decided not to hold stock of certain lines that did not sell in large amounts in the UK MARKET. However, these products are still available if the retailer wishes to order the minimum quantity. In the UK this is 5kg minimum order.”

Oct 7, 2016
Glad @ofafeather resurrected that old post of mine. Nothing really has changed. The word “discontinued“ with Gawith Hoggarth doesn’t mean what you would initially think it does. Bottom line is that if a distributor orders enough of it, they will most likely make it.
From Chris or Rachel Gawith today on another forum:

”Nothing is discontinued but we no longer hold warehouse stock of products that do not sell in large quantities. These can still be ordered (so long as registered under the US system for tobacco) but must be ordered in minimum quantities.

"G&H is one of the oldest blending houses in the UK and they simply are not interested in expanding and ramping up production to meet the ever increasing demand" Definitely not true, we are increasing production as much as we can under current circumstances and constraints and have plans for expansion but all takes time.“

Jun 9, 2018
England
Revor Plug, please.
I believe this is being discontinued due to it being made in the EU. It's still freely available in the UK at the moment but Synjeco don't have any and say it's being discontinued.
I'm sure Gawith could make it themselves (never understood why they farmed this one blend out) but I don't know if it's worth their while as i've no idea how popular it is over here.

brooklynpipeclub

Can't Leave
Sep 6, 2019
Brooklyn, NYC
www.instagram.com
I believe this is being discontinued due to it being made in the EU. It's still freely available in the UK at the moment but Synjeco don't have any and say it's being discontinued.
I'm sure Gawith could make it themselves (never understood why they farmed this one blend out) but I don't know if it's worth their while as i've no idea how popular it is over here.
Thanks for the info, sad as it is. I'll have to savor every last bit of the few plugs I have left, or get over to the UK and stock up soon.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg