PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
I smoked just Nightcap for almost 10 years, for my tastes it’s the only English blend i can still fully enjoy. Gaslight I just had a tin and didn’t enjoy it, too much Latakia and some odd ammonia taste that really didn’t agree with me.

Reactions: Steddy
Jun 23, 2019
Is Gl Pease's Gaslight meant to be smoked, and is it as strong as Nightcap? Never had GL before> Yhanks, LeRoy

I'm guessing that's why they tin the plugs and try to sell them?

Jokes aside, Gaslight is very "gassy" (but I like gas station smells!) but not as strong nicotine wise.

Reactions: Steddy

pipingfool

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2016
Seattle, WA
Gaslight has more creosote (road tar) flavor and aroma. Nightcap is much more campfire. Nightcap is higher in nicotine to me.

I've enjoyed just about every GLP blend that I've had (Quiet Nights is my favorite English/Balkan blend), but there was just too much going on in Gaslight for me to really appreciate it. But, YMMV.

Reactions: Steddy and ak2000

Steddy

Lifer
Sep 18, 2021
Western North Carolina
GL Pease Quiet Nights might be stronger than Gaslight.

I just got some C&D Big n Burley because I was looking for a Latakia blend with some punch. Haven’t smoked any yet.

Reactions: ak2000

JohnMosesBrowning

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 5, 2018
Southeast Michigan
The creosote, road tar, gasoline, descriptions of Gaslight are very apt. I mean that in a good way, which is why it's hard to describe the flavor of Gaslight. It definitely has that quality to it, but in a good way. I suppose the mechanics is different as well if that matters to you...Nightcap is easier to deal with being a ribbon cut vs. the dense plug that Gaslight comes in. I smoke, enjoy, and cellar both.

Reactions: ak2000