Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Sliced ripe tomatoes, a slice of fresh mozzarella and some crushed basil leaves on top, and a drizzle of Italian dressing. Heaven!
I love the same (a caprese salad), but with a drizzle of balsamic reduction (and fresh cracked pepper with a healthy sprinkle of sea salt).

If no fresh basil, I love a sliced tomato with sweet/vidalia onions salad (just tomato and onion, no lettuce), marinated in Italian dressing. Reminds me of summer meals growing up.

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
Nice? Living in the northeast, we look forward to them every year. We laugh at those ruse tomatoes in the grocery stores. They look like tomatoes, but they’re tasteless.
Yeah, it would be sacrilege to have a garden in NJ and not have a bed of tomatoes in it. Peppers, herbs, lettuce and squash all did well this year. Cucumbers were ok, but not the best. Green beans were a bust but we have a fresh batch coming in now for hopefully an early fall harvest.

couple tobacco plants did well too, seemingly.

Jan 27, 2020
Looking good. My tomatoes which I planted from seed, three varieties, are struggling. Two I bought as plants are doing ok but the one producing the most, is a cherry variety which I hate. The skin/seed ration to pulp is intolerable to me.

Reactions: STP and beefeater33