PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Milleniumsmoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2020
Vietnam
I'll second this.............
Most Pease blends improve with about 6 months or so in the tin. You are in Vietnam, probably humid, (I've never been there)......... But definitely, try a little tin-time.............
yes it gets quite humid in the summer months and most of the time to be honest. It can get rainy and cold on occasion though.

Milleniumsmoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2020
Vietnam
I actually think after hearing so many talk about airing it out and trying it out over time I may rethink my strategy. Obviously start with some of the ones highly recommended but maybe try them all eventually over time. I may also get the 8 ounce tins instead of the 2. I think to really get to know a blend you have to smoke it quite a bit. It's what I did with Drucquer and Sons.

My all-time favorite blend from that line was Levant Mixture. But when I first tried it the initial 2-3 bowls were lackluster. I cannot tell you why, maybe I ate something that didn't sit well with that tobacco.

I had the whole rest of the tin though and tried it later in a few weeks. Completely. Totally. Different. It was the best thing I had smoked. It might be the rest time people are mentioning here.

I can do about 4 8 ounce tins or so per order, anything more is getting risky. I've heard others do more but then others still get them taken away. So I may just "have" to do that.

If my GF asks though I'm going to tell her they were gifted. LOL

Reactions: dunnyboy

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
I'm a big fan of Drucquer & Sons Trafalgar, Levant and Inns of Court. For one thing, they just sound so British! My favorite non-latakia GLP blend is Stonehenge. I wish it were a flake instead of a broken flake but it's a lovely, mellow smoke.