Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
This is a great, complex blend that can be enjoyed by all.
Here is my review:

http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-tobacco-reviews/gl-pease-chelsea-morning-pipe-tobacco-review/

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Mr. Pease himself commented on this review, so you might want to check it out.
He also found our site worthy of joining himself, as he is our newest member as I type this.
http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-tobacco-reviews/gl-pease-chelsea-morning-pipe-tobacco-review/

jayh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2010
That's really neat, Kevin.
In regards to the review...did you get any profile from the perique in the blend or did you find it a very subdued component. I'm sitting on some tins of it now and I'm waiting till I feel like my nicotine tolerance can handle a nice sized bowl of it.
I want to taste all these great tobaccos that you guys review but other than Samovar and Frog Morton Across The Pond I haven't found much that didn't turn my stomach.

surfmac211

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
This is in my top 5 of Pease blends(I'm thinking 3 or 4). This is the blend I probably smoke the most out of any other tobacco. I smoke it just about every morning on the boat with a cup of coffee. The other guys on the boat tried some and had to but a tin for themselves because I told them I was only feeling generous enough for one bowl each. I always keep an 8oz tin around; one for the house and one for the boat.
I agree with Kevin the Perique was there but just enough to get the spice of it. The Nicotine content was nice but not like its going to blow your socks off. I feel most anyone could handle the N in it unless you just have a very low tolerance. Definitely worth the shot.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Yes, Chelsea Morning, Maltese Falcon and Quiet Nights are my personal choices

from the last few years of Greg's productions. Greg's a good guy and really

goes to great lengths to offer a wide range of blends to suit nearly every taste

out there, and he has a healthy sense of humor. Welcome to the Forum Greg.

caliguy

Might Stick Around
Jul 30, 2010
I bought a tin of this a few days ago and the aroma once i opened the tin was wonderful. I'm not used to "heavy" tobaccos and while this was rich, it wasn't overwhelming. And like Kevin, I did have a nice little buzz at the end of the bowl. I will add Chelsea Morning to the regular menu. Looking forward to trying other Pease blends

Status
Not open for further replies.