PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Just found a new friend! I'm sure it's been around forever, but it's new to me - and it's pretty darn good.
I've always avoided shag, not sure why, guess I thought it would burn hot and fast. But it sips very nicely with a dense smoke.
Vanilla may be overstated in the name - it's a really mild vanilla. Like almost not there at all vanilla, but the aftertaste has it for sure. Seems mostly a dark fired flavor.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Yes this one is freaking delicious! I reckon it's similar to a strong coffee with a very light vanilla flavoring. Speaking of that, it goes great with coffee in the morning.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I agree, shag cuts don't bother me, well, maybe the shag cut on the latest Semois release is a bit too fine a shag for me, it's almost like a bag o' hair. I think most people see shag cut and they think it must be cigarette tobacco but if packed right it works just fine in a pipe. Plus, I wouldn't want to waist such high quality tobacco on a cigarette.

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
I smoke a fair bit of GH DB and KK, would I be right in thinking this is like those two with a kick of Vanilla thrown in?

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Shag cuts are in many ways the easiest burning cut of tobacco... pack, then CRAM, then let 'er rip

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I smoke a fair bit of GH DB and KK, would I be right in thinking this is like those two with a kick of Vanilla thrown in?

Absolutely. I can promise that if you like those two baccies, you'll no doubt like Kendal Dark Vanilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.