PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
Couldn't wait and cracked one open after it arrived yesterday.

I cut some into flakes and fire it up, even though I normally let new tins sit for a while.

Man, got to say I was VERY impressed. I'm going to order some more to make sure I get some from the same pressing.

Have you tried yours yet @cosmicfolklore ?

Last edited:
Couldn't wait and cracked one open after it arrived yesterday.

I cut some into flakes and fire it up, even though I normally let new tins sit for a while.

Man, got to say I was VERY impressed. I'm going to order some more to make sure I get some from the same pressing.

Have you tried yours yet @cosmicfolklore ?
I just pulled mine off the front porch this morning, no idea when it got here. I was running late for some appts. I will get a chance this evening. But, it sounds like a winner.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I've had a couple bowls of it.
I wrote this mini-review in the WAYS thread,
"My second bowl of this new plug. Having a similar experience to the first.
Sliced off a thick flake and then used scissors to snip very thin "cubes".
Charring light and first couple minutes have been VERY bitey to me. Like OUCH WTF! It quickly calms down and develops a heavy oriental flavor with Virginia undertones.
If you dig the sweet and sour, tangy, herbaceous and floral type flavors from oriental varietals, you can get lost in this one.
It's not until the halfway point or later that I get any strong red Virginia notes."
Even through the final puffs of the bowl, the Basma and Izmir flavors persist.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
The title says it all... but damn... I had to copy and paste the word "Géométrie" because of all of the fancy foreign dangling elevated comma things over the letters. I'm not sure how to get those on my keyboard. Ge'ome'trie... crap... how will we all write about this blend unless we have foreign keyboards? Or, are we just going to use the English translation?
You're not on a Mac, I take it. For those who are, ācčèñts are easy. You type Géométrie, but hold the 'e' letter a moment and then can choose among the most used accents, non?

Reactions: cosmicfolklore
Mar 13, 2020
missouri
My package was at my post office this morning, but for some reason it was sent about 2 hours east of where I live. It is now at the distribution center the next town over from me, so hopefully I'll get it tomorrow. 🤷🏼