PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jimmy_Jack

Can't Leave
Jun 24, 2021
So I am new to this side of tobacco. Been in cigars for 20 years. I’d say bag it in Mylar and call it a day. At least your doing jars. I’ve gone to bags now and won’t be looking back. Good decision on your part.

ive been buying bulk lately to store up in case our fears become reality. Pegasus is on my list. Working my way through Stokkebye right now.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
I like that there are several cob stummels in this picture - really adds a sense of apocalypse preparation View attachment 104556
In any natural disaster, of a protracted nature… all one needs to physically survive is beer and toilette paper. The tobacco and cob stash is strictly mental health preservation.

In the tobaccolypyic future, Briar is for the aristocracy. It will be cobs and burley for the unwashed masses. Mixture 79 enjoyed through dirty coconuts for the unclean.

Last edited:

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
As long as it doesn’t turn to dust before I do. The race is on…
An addendum to this exchange. I had the need to go through my various holdings in search of a specific blend I was trading away, and came across the 1lb bag of Vintage Syrian that I had forgotten about. So, we're looking at a 5 year old bag. It felt a bit crunchy when I pressed on it and I feared that it had indeed completely dried out in the bag, which would not be a good thing.

I opened the bag and the contents were extremely dry, but not, thankfully, completely dired out. I could feel the faint presence of moisture, so I rehydrated with distilled water, which went very well, and now the contents are jarred up.