Future Collectible Pipe Tobaccos, Which Ones?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sjmiller CPG

(sjmiller)
May 8, 2015
Morgan County, Tennessee
always wanted to try it , heard it compared to Gauloises french cigs , miss that stuff
Back in my cigarette days, I liked unfiltered Camels. So when I saw this stuff years ago, supposedly the same recipe used to make Picayune cigarettes, I had to try it. It made me it‘s b*tch in less than a fourth of a bowl. Plan on trying it again. Just not today. Rest of the month doesn’t seem to have an opening either.

Reactions: vosBghos

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The correct answer, so far as I know, is that this is unknowable. McClelland was intensely popular so that few thought it would go out of business entirely and not sell the brand to someone else (who may or may not have tried to replicate their original glory).

But to play along, I guess an idea would be to identify a brand name that is a premium name but not in vast production. G.L. Pease, Esoterica, and maybe some special editions might be prospects. Some blends might be clunkers and others might be winners, like buying stocks to hold and sell at some appointed future date.

Reactions: Elric

Alejo R.

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 13, 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Maybe this has been asked before, but I am curious to know what people think will be the next round of collectible pipe tobaccos. As in, they are currently available but may be scarce in the future. Any ideas?
Simple. You must identify who are the opinion leaders in the pipe community and buy what they smoke.

• Haha
Reactions: simong

Elric

Lifer
Sep 19, 2019
Liplapper Lane (Michigan)
tobaccocellar.com
The correct answer, so far as I know, is that this is unknowable. McClelland was intensely popular so that few thought it would go out of business entirely and not sell the brand to someone else (who may or may not have tried to replicate their original glory).

But to play along, I guess an idea would be to identify a brand name that is a premium name but not in vast production. G.L. Pease, Esoterica, and maybe some special editions might be prospects. Some blends might be clunkers and others might be winners, like buying stocks to hold and sell at some appointed future date.
+1 on this. It's like being able to predict which IPO stocks will ultimately result in successful companies for the long run.

Reactions: ThermionicScott

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
w
Easy! It'll be a well a loved blend that goes out of production or is sood to one of the mega-tobacco companies with the usual changes. Now, all you must do is figure out which of the many blends fits this profile.
would be nice to have an in at K&K to see who they'll be acquiring next and stock up before they do