Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
It should be closer if wilder has learned to box. He has no jab.

Did you see Usyk vs Joshua?

Jun 9, 2018
England
Wilder with a KO.
I hope if Wilder does lose he comes up with some more inventive and hilarious excuses.
https___s3-images.sportbible.com_s3_content_e62a222160a4a9c7fbce83dc62165b92.jpg

The funniest was from Deontay's brother Marsellos: "My brother has a dent in the side of his head. This is due to a blunt object struck against his head from his last fight. No glove or fist was able to cause the damage, according to the autopsy."

"According to the autopsy" ???

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I hope if Wilder does lose he comes up with some more inventive and hilarious excuses.
View attachment 101114

The funniest was from Deontay's brother Marsellos: "My brother has a dent in the side of his head. This is due to a blunt object struck against his head from his last fight. No glove or fist was able to cause the damage, according to the autopsy."

"According to the autopsy" ???
well that settles it. Zombies box good. Well not really but they do have this weird stamina that often wins fights.

• Haha
Reactions: smudgersmissingleg
Jun 9, 2018
England
well that settles it. Zombies box good. Well not really but they do have this weird stamina that often wins fights.
It's pretty funny. He does have a point with a couple of the excuses like that costume he wore may have tired him out a bit but it was his choice to wear the bloody thing.
The vodoo comment came from an interview Deontay did with Joe Rogan where he said because Tyson is a gypsy he might be able to do vodoo?.
The best one was either Deontay or his brother (can't recall which) said there was an egg weight in Fury's glove which caused this dent in Deontay's head?.

There's a good video on YouTube of a guy going through each of these excuses to see if any are valid. He says there might be some truth to the heavy costume business and Deontay did break his hand before the fight but the rest of them are a bit of a stretch to say the least.

Whoever wins I just hope it's a really good fight. I'm sure Deontay will have learnt from the last fight and will change it up a bit.

Link to the video I mentioned:

Jun 23, 2019
If I was a betting man, which I am, I'd say Fury knocks out Wilder; pressed further, I'd say... Rounds 4th-6th?

After the rematch I really don't see what Wilder can offer that'll really trouble Fury. Wilder really hasn't evolved pass being the "One Punch Man" and the first fight already taught us that Fury can take a couple of Wilder's haymakers and still get back up. Wilder's own reactions to when Fury stood back up in that 12th Round also speaks volumes, I think that was the moment he went into uber-denial mode.

If Wilder was smart he'd know that he'll probably need to catch Fury with a haymaker earlier on (with more power), but being the lesser boxer that'll leave him incredibly exposed is he's hunting too much. Fury's superior skill in fundamentals should capitalize on that. Fury probably knows deep down that he might not get up from another late round Wilder haymaker so will look to repeat his performance in the first Rematch.

Then again, I say all this with a 0-25 record on the playgrounds; pretty sure I've lost every fight I've been in so what do I know I guess.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Yeah, Usyk dominated Joshua for much of the match and it'll be interesting to see what Joshua can do differently in the rematch.
He needs to use his size to tire out and bully Usyk. Box inside and wear him down. The size difference between these two is huge. Easier said than done however as Usyk is a technically sound as anyone in the sport.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Wilder looks ready. He is coming in heavy though. He will need to be fast and athletic as usual. He needs to jab and box and not throw random haymakers. Pick the shots.

Fury needs to keep the pressure on and be patient on the big shots. Keep the jab going and look to set up the big shots. Lay the traps early. I do not see him knocking out Wilder.

I predict this going to the cards. Probably going to be a Fury win. Although, Wilder does have the power to lay Fury out.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Frank Sanchez can box. Wow. He has been on my radar for a while now. That wasn't exactly thrilling but it was a clinic. He neutralized his opponent and nearly finished the job. I'll be watching what's next for him.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Great fight. Wilder got away from the jab and started throwing haymakers. Fury took advantage. Wilder will be back and will mow through most competition for the next year or two.

I think Usyk beats Joshua again and then defeats Fury next year. This is good for the sport and very exciting for the fans

Jun 9, 2018
England
Great fight. Wilder got away from the jab and started throwing haymakers. Fury took advantage. Wilder will be back and will mow through most competition for the next year or two.

I think Usyk beats Joshua again and then defeats Fury next year. This is good for the sport and very exciting for the fans
Yeah, it was an awesome fight and could have gone either way, Tyson was in real trouble in the 4th. Respect to Deontay though, I thought he was finished multiple times but the guy wouldn't give up.