PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Okay, here's some historical nostalgia for people under sixty or so. The postal service used to be the equivalent of the internet today. It was the arteries and veins through which society operated. Mail came twice a day most places. For many, it was delivered house-to-house through a slot in the door. Post offices were the community centers for towns large, small, and tiny. Live chicks would be delivered in low square boxes to people in the country, and the post office would phone the recipients for pick-up. Now, the postal service struggles for a role, and they've taken up completing delivery for other courier services, so you see postal trucks wandering around at night and on Sundays, and the mail delivery schedule is a product of what else they are trying to do. The closing of the post office in small towns is often the death knell of the town as a community. Still no tobacco, but likely tomorrow.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Per tracking, the shipment has arrived in town and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow; I'm pleased to see the tracking updated.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Tracking says "out for delivery," so I'm expecting this any time. Drum roll.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Perhaps we can agree that "Surepost" is the bane of us all ordering off the Internet. You can see a package jet across the continent in a few days only to have it languish at the local post office (less than a mile) away for a week.
6sYShSI.jpg

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Yea, it is sometimes fun to see what happens. I made two separate orders from SPC and got the free shipping. The second order was on 03/02/2018(Friday) for Butera, shipped 03/03/2018(Saturday) and it was delivered today 03/05/2018(Monday).
The first order was made on 02/28/2018, shipped on 03/01/2018 and is now in San Juan PR:
March 5, 2018, 3:48 pm

Departed USPS Regional Facility

SAN JUAN PR DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Your item departed our USPS facility in SAN JUAN PR DISTRIBUTION CENTER on March 5, 2018 at 3:48 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
March 5, 2018, 1:27 am

Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

SAN JUAN PR DISTRIBUTION CENTER
March 1, 2018, 5:04 pm

Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending

LONGS, SC 29568
March 1, 2018, 12:58 pm

Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item

LONGS, SC 29568
Now the order was for some tins of FM on the Pond and FM on the Bayou so it makes sense that they would go south first. :rofl:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just received my shipment with the regular mail delivery and two other packages for my wife. I jarred all three blends, separately of course, with little labels I made on the computer, and have them all tucked in, sealed that is, and may comment on them in separate posts if I have recommendations or anything else to report. C&D blends seemed especially moist and fluffy, not at all dry, as did the Sutliff. All three smelled wonderful. Right now I have some Semois going in a Sav Hercules Oom-Paul, from before the others got here. I'm likely to go ahead and smoke these, not age them. It looks like others are having adventures tracking theirs. Funny the way shipments can wander before they finally get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.