PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
Every few years we have a garage sale, I put my empty tobacco cans in a box and mark it "FREE". People seem to always find a use for them. Box must have over 50 in it by now. puffy

Reactions: Skippy B. Coyote

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I've got a few of those. These are my daily use ones. I keep one on the front porch, one in the backyard.View attachment 324025View attachment 324026
I do the same thing with Sillem's Black tins as they take a full cork in them. A bonus for me is that they have a push down lid rather than a screw on lid which I find easier to open without spilling ash all over myself (if there's any left inside).

Reactions: PipePint&Cross

RookieGuy80

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
I use them for so many different things. Besides mini first aid kits*, sewing kits for Mrs. Rookie and my daughter, I use them the way my father and grandfather used baby food jars. Nails, screws, smaller drill bits or screwdriver bits, things like that. Eventually, hopefully sooner than later, I want to line some of the C&D/Pease style tins and keep camera lens filters in there in my camera bag. And I'm definitely taking inspiration from @PipePint&Cross for ashtrays.

*I'm on blood thinners. That means, for cuts and scrapes, I usually am one level of care past most people. What you'd let air, I use a band aid. What you use a band aid, I'm using gauze and tape. And so on. So round metal tins are packed with rolls of gauze and electrical tape (man-daids as my wife calls them) are tucked in cars and desk drawers and kitchen drawers and fishing and hiking gear.