PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Kainekanzo

Lurker
Jun 19, 2022
I don't have a blend that starts with "S" so, I can't play. Damnitalltohell!

Where's the good stuff man? You're gonna stand there, being a pipe lifelong pipe smoker, and tell me you ain't got no Squadron Leader, Saint Espresso, no Scottish Mixture (Mac Baren or Robert McConnell) or one tin of Sun Bear?

No Skiff Mixture, Syrian, Sixpence, Sextant, Standard Mixture, Sherlock Holmes, Sweet Killarney or Sunset Breeze?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
You seem like a snakes and sparklers kind of guy. To each his own.
Don't care for fireworks. I just have blend specific commissioned pipes so when I have the pipe I know which tobacco is smoked. Nearly 40 years of smoking has just turned it into something I do while focusing my attention on other activities like my puzzles.

6071_P_1566987002322.jpg

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Where's the good stuff man? You're gonna stand there, being a pipe lifelong pipe smoker, and tell me you ain't got no Squadron Leader, Saint Espresso, no Scottish Mixture (Mac Baren or Robert McConnell) or one tin of Sun Bear?
I corrected my post. Fat fingers made an A an S. Sorry. I was a great fan of Squadron Leader years ago. Sill am I suppose. Not high on my "top ten" list any longer though. Palates change over the years.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Kainekanzo

Lurker
Jun 19, 2022
As per your unedited post I had to think. All I've got with a S are Salty Dogs and Smyrna No.1. Not remembering any with an A.

And So To Bed, Aperitif, Autumn Evening, Anthology, Awakened Elder, Ashbury, Arcadia, Acadian, Amphora, Amaretto, Ashton's.

The only one of those that I can recommend fairly readily is Anthology. Really wish I hadn't bought Autumn Evening; keep trying it and keeping being really put off. Tinder Box Amaretto was probably the first tobacco I ever smoked out of a cob when I was a teenager.

Last edited:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
And So To Bed, Aperitif, Autumn Evening, Anthology, Awakened Elder, Ashbury, Arcadia, Acadian, Amphora, Amaretto, Ashton's.
None of those really float my boat. At this point I've got more decades worth of tobacco than I'll likely use and mostly smoke straight Orientals these days with the occasional Virginia or aromatic. Latakia lost its appeal many years ago.