12 Fresh Rossi Pipes
3 Fresh Manduela Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 23, 2019
Ive got some newer stuff from 2022 cant say I notice any lakeland contamination.

Ive smoked samples of older stuff from like 2016 which was really good but find it pointless to compare that to my 2022 stuff, because of the age difference and what Im assuming was a totally different crop of leaf.

Hilarious browsing "New Posts" page and seeing a post debating the minute differences between a 2005 vs 2006 Christmas Cheer right below a post where someone is shocked FVF is not the exact same taste as it was 5 years ago.

hoipolloiglasgow

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2023
United States
Well, I got some of the new stuff just recently. I’m not super worried about it, but never have had it before. I’ll get to it in about 5 years and I’m sure it’ll be decent like most things from Gawith. :)

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
Hilarious browsing "New Posts" page and seeing a post debating the minute differences between a 2005 vs 2006 Christmas Cheer right below a post where someone is shocked FVF is not the exact same taste as it was 5 years ago.
Yeah, never understood that really.

Consistency is a tricky thing when it comes to agricultural products like this. People like to shit on the big brewing companies here in the USA like Budweiser/Miller/Coors but the fact of the matter is they've been producing a consistent product that's tasted the same for decades. Meanwhile most craft beers I've had vary from batch to batch and it's supposed to be "better beer" but they can't even get it right from brew to brew. Its not like wine is consistent year after year either, some vintages are amazing and some are dog water.

I imagine thats how it is for most of these pipe tobacco manufacturers. They might have a crop of leaf thats fantastic for awhile and thats what people get used to. The thing with this whole pipe tobacco business that I don't understand is that any time a blend changes, at least since I started smoking, it always seems to be for the worse. I've seen at least one video from C&D's Jeremy Reeves saying that the quality of leaf being grown and used in pipe tobacco has never been better, so why do all these blends seem to be getting impacted negatively?

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I don't think it's a matter of "exact same taste". People are saying that the character of the blend has changed.

Reactions: lukasstrifeson