PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tozert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2017
Cornwall
I read in the post about wax drip pipes a statement that Larrysson Pipes is retired. I didn't want to hijack the thread, so I thought it best to start a new one. I don't wish to be over-reacting by jumping on this misinformation, but it's not nice to see an erroneous fact about oneself on a pipe community board, especially on the only forum I frequent having both friends and customers.
I can assure the pipe community that I'm definitely NOT retired. I decided to take a year out, using my free time to tear apart my workshop in order to enlarge it, and installed a 3hp 6-inch ducted extraction system that links to every machine in my shop. It has been a massive job and I only had the occasional weekend to work on the project, as I am in college two days a week and still work as much as possible. I have been turning when I can, preparing myself for a steady flow of new work once the shop was ready to handle dust. I currently have 60 pipes on the workbench, and as of this month I'll be updating my store regularly. My son Isaac will be helping me and continuing his own line of Paulsson pipes. We will be attending next years Chicago show. So, just to be clear, I have not retired, and look forward to making briar dust (and not seeing any of it). -Paul Hubartt, Larrysson Pipes
pipes-600x399.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That is great news. I was hoping the reports were not true as I plan on buying more of your pipes. I love the one I have currently as it smokes as well as anything in my collection. Please let us know when you are ready to sell some, as I will be on the lookout.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Happy to hear you're well Paul and that you and Isaac will be making wood chips again soon. I look forward to seeing you guys at the Chicago Show next year.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
... I love the one I have currently as it smokes as well as anything in my collection... - cigrmaster
Ditto what Harris said. Paul sent me a beautiful piece a little over a year ago that I smoke about 5 times a week and look forward to the experience every time I get ready to light it up.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
I've got to agree with Pipestud and Harris regarding the pipes Paul creates. I have one that I purchased as an estate that hadn't been smoked, and it smokes like a dream. I hope to buy another, just maybe when he releases the 60 pipes mentioned earlier.

Reactions: bnichols23

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Good to hear Paul. If you hear a rumor you were sucked into your vacuum system and are awaiting freedom, just to be clear, it came from me. I got another rumor about JT Cooke experimenting using plutonium pellets as a new sand blasting material and gaining super powders in the works so it may be a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.