PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 14, 2021
Chicago
Welcome! I grew up near Boston and I'd recommend Wilke Tobacco in Fall River, Ma., a little closer than Boston for you. John the owner is very knowledgeable and helpful. They have a decent selection of tinned tobacco and pipes but a ton of Wilke recipes to try samples of. They are all reviewed on Tobacco reviews, mostly by guys from this forum. I'll be stopping by there next week when I visit family. Good Luck!

Reactions: ofafeather

Dr. Van Loafer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2022
Indiana
Hello from Connecticut. I’m a total novice. If anyone is familiar with the Connecticut/ Southern Massachusetts area. Can you refer me to a tobacconist. There are loads of smoke shops, but I’d like someone who is well acquainted with pipe smoking.
Thanks in advance.
Greg
Welcome from Indiana! And I feel your pain about finding a quality B&M tobacconist in driving range that specializes in pipes and not cigars or vaping.

scout19d3

Can't Leave
Jul 6, 2021
Katy, TX USA
... I'd recommend Wilke Tobacco in Fall River, Ma., a little closer than Boston for you....
I'll reinforce this recommendation to visit John @ the Old Firehouse Smoke Shop ! Although I've never visited the actual B&M, I've ordered (and reordered, then reordered again!!!) several pounds of Wilke tobacco blends and love them all. He's very personable and has handwritten on each packing slip that I've received.
I'd love to come up with a reason to be within a few hundred miles of his shop, and I'd certainly stop in for a few hours.

Wilke Continental is a new mixture for me this year that I fell head-over-heels for it. I bought 1 lb after sampling a few ozs. Crystal Palace is one of their long running blends (1859, I believe) that I also keep on hand.
If you're more attuned to aromatics I can recommend Wilke Peanut Butter, Butter Scotch, as well as Rum & Maple

wilkeTobacco.jpg

Reactions: mav and ofafeather

giacomo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 15, 2018
Massachusetts (South Shore)
Welcome! I grew up near Boston and I'd recommend Wilke Tobacco in Fall River, Ma., a little closer than Boston for you. John the owner is very knowledgeable and helpful. They have a decent selection of tinned tobacco and pipes but a ton of Wilke recipes to try samples of. They are all reviewed on Tobacco reviews, mostly by guys from this forum. I'll be stopping by there next week when I visit family. Good Luck!
Good to know. I live in Plymouth, so Fall River is closer than Boston, though I do still love Peretti.

Status
Not open for further replies.