PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
The original frog often gets introduced as a entry level to English blends . For those that discern the complexities of the blend it offers many rewards . Very few blends have stood the test of time and a tin is well worth trying .

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I had to mention, this comment by pitchfork made me lol:
I agree 100%. While roth is often both presumptuous and ignorant, he's actually a pretty nice guy.
boudreaux asked:
Another thought, Six -

Did you smoke the tobacco from the second and third tins in the same pipe that you used for the first tin? Maybe that accounts for a slight difference in taste?
Good question, but no, different pipes. The thing is, the first tin vs the others was world's apart - so even in the same pipe, it wouldn't have made much of a difference.
So I am now unsure what FMC is really supposed to taste like. My first tin was very much like an aro/lat crossover the way most describe it but my 2nd and 3rd tins were nothing like an aro, much more like a smoky latakia blend (which is not a terrible thing, but not what I thought I was buying).
I think I've learned my lesson - don't over buy on the basis of a single tin. :roll:

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
sorry I posted I am gone
watch

sorry, I couldn't resist

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
six, just to be clear, I was only ribbing roth a bit. Maybe I'll send him another friend request to make up for it...

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
six, just to be clear, I was only ribbing roth a bit. Maybe I'll send him another friend request to make up for it...
No worries, I understood you meant it as a joke (that's why I lol'd). And I'm sure rothnh took it that way too.

Status
Not open for further replies.